AMES, IOWA (October 15, 2020) – The National Institute of Antimicrobial Resistance Research and Education (NIAMRRE) seeks nominations for the NIAMRRE Leadership Council for terms beginning February 1, 2021.
The NIAMRRE Leadership Council is a group of individuals that function in an advisory capacity to the NIAMRRE Executive Director and Operations Center. This group differs from the NIAMRRE Advisory Council in that they may work externally from member institutions, providing review of administrative and fiduciary accountability and applying a high level, national and global perspective to NIAMRRE strategies and program prioritization. The Leadership Council meets virtually on a quarterly basis, with one in-person meeting annually (note, this meeting will be held virtually until public health conditions allow for safe travel).
Nominees should have demonstrated expertise in antimicrobial resistance, antimicrobial usage, and/or antimicrobial stewardship and knowledge of NIAMRRE. Additionally, the must have demonstrated expertise in at least two of the following three categories:
- Business operations – management, finance, investment, law, accounting, public relations, fundraising
- Advocacy leadership – advocacy activities in support of strategic goals, such as fundraising and government relations
- Connection to constituencies – stakeholder engagement with groups NIAMRRE serves
To nominate an individual for the NIAMRRE Leadership Council, submit the following online:
- Nomination Form
- Nominee’s CV
- Three letters of recommendation
The nomination form can be accessed at this link. Stakeholders are encouraged to reach out to NIAMRRE staff if they need assistance in collecting nomination materials.
The process for electing the inaugural Leadership Council members is as such:
- Nominations will be solicited from October 15, 2020 until November 30, 2020 via online form. Nominations may come from any interested stakeholder in NIAMRRE affairs. Nominees need not be from NIAMRRE member institutions.
- A Nominations Committee, chaired by the NIAMRRE executive director, will review nominations to assure that all nominees meet the minimum qualifications for serving on the Leadership Council and develop a balanced slate of nominees to present to the NIAMRRE Advisory Council, which is comprised of one representative of all NIAMRRE member institutions.
- The Advisory Council will vote at the January monthly meeting to accept or decline each nominee. Each nominee must receive a 50% affirmative vote to be confirmed.
Leadership Council terms typically run for three years, beginning July 1; however, for the inaugural Council, terms will begin February 1, 2021 with the first year of the term concluding June 30, 2022. The initial Council membership will stagger For the purpose of staggering Council member turnover for annual election cycles, two members of the Council will have an initial one-year term, two will have an initial two-year term, and three will have an initial three-year term. Members may serve a second 3-year term. They will need to be re-nominated for the second term.
Questions about this opportunity can be directed to Melissa Miller, NIAMRRE associate director of operations (email@example.com).
The National Institute of Antimicrobial Resistance Research and Education provides local, national, and international leadership in combating antimicrobial resistance. Based at the Iowa State University Research Park, in Ames, Iowa, NIAMRRE drives collaborative and integrative research, education, and engagement to solve AMR challenges and benefit society using a One Health approach with member institutions from academia, industry, and affiliates. For more information, visit: www.NIAMRRE.org.